FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
MICHAEL FOODS INTRODUCES OVABAKE™ ENZYME MODIFIED WHOLE EGG PRODUCT
MINNETONKA, MN - 3 December 2010 - Michael Foods Food Ingredients Division has introduced a new product, OvaBake™ Enzyme Modified Whole Egg Product. With OvaBake, baked goods have visible improvements in texture, crumb structure, and uniformity, along with the benefits of longer shelf life and a reduction in egg usage. It’s a totally new way to get old-fashioned, homemade quality baked goods.
Bakery customers can bake muffins, cakes, and more with better-than-ever results.
OvaBake™ Enzyme Modified Whole Egg Product delivers incredible, reliable performance…resulting in outstanding baking results
- Enhances the functionality of dried whole egg in many applications
- Improved overall height, humectancy, and crumb structure
- Better moisture retention for a softer crumb texture—which extends shelf life an average of 5 – 7 days
- Delivers improved flavor over traditional dried whole egg, resulting in baked goods more like those made with liquid egg product
- Greater air incorporation means mix-time savings of several minutes per batch, lowering labor costs
- Potential to reduce added emulsifiers, leading to cost savings, a cleaner label, and less ingredient handling
For ordering, information, or customer service assistance call 1-800-328-5474 or visit www.michaelfoods.com.
Michael Foods, Inc., based in Minnetonka, MN, is a multinational producer and distributor of food products to the foodservice, retail and food-ingredient markets. Its principal products are specialty egg products, refrigerated potato products, cheese and other dairy products.